Illuminatium|Illuminat|Illuminatin

PirateBox

Beitrag von xaxas »

! Nachricht von: Bwana Honolulu
Von deaddrops-Thread abgetrennt.
zu dead drops fällt mir die pirate box ein:

http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox_DIY

ist deutlich bequemer zu handhaben :)
Zuletzt geändert von Bwana Honolulu am 31. August 2011, 00:05, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Grund: Da sich xaxas geweigert hat, hab' ich unter seinem Namen gepostet.
Dieses Schreiben wurde maschinell erstellt und ist ohne Unterschrift gültig.
adleritey
Admin|Administrator|Administratrix

PirateBox

Beitrag von adleritey »

xaxas hat geschrieben:zu dead drops fällt mir die pirate box ein:

http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox_DIY

ist deutlich bequemer zu handhaben :)

~adleritey

a world not of my making — yet a world of my design
so strange — and so familiar, but no matter
how distant in time or space
one constant remain chaos.
Bwana Honolulu
Hausmeistens|Hausmeister|Hausmeisterin
Disorganisation: Aktion 23, Zimmer523, GEFGAEFHB, ddR, Fractal Cult, EHNIX, The ASSBUTT
Pronomen: er/ihm
Re: Tote Briefkästen (deaddrops)

Beitrag von Bwana Honolulu »

:rofl: Sehr diskordianisch, adleritey! :lol:
Wenn ich schon der Affe bin, dann will ich der Affe sein, der dem Engel auf's Maul haut. XD
‒✴△♀ ✴ө△ʘ!
Seine Quasarische Sphärizität, der Bwana Honolulu,
Überbefehlshabender des Selbstmordkommandos Ω,
Herrscher über alles, alles andere und wieder nichts,
Urgroßpapapapst und Metagottkaiser in Zimmer523,
Grand Admirakel der berittenen Marinekavallerie zur See,
Reichsminister für Popularpodicifikation,
Hüter des Heiligen Q.
Bwana Honolulu
Disorganisation: Aktion 23, Zimmer523, GEFGAEFHB, ddR, Fractal Cult, EHNIX, The ASSBUTT
Re: Tote Briefkästen (deaddrops)

So, und jetzt noch mal etwas ausführlicher:
Bild
David Darts hat geschrieben:PirateBox is a self-contained mobile communication and file sharing device. Simply turn it on to transform any space into a free and open communications and file sharing network.
[BBvideo 640,390][/BBvideo]
Sogar ein Video auf Dötsch:
[BBvideo 600,338][/BBvideo]
Wenn ich schon der Affe bin, dann will ich der Affe sein, der dem Engel auf's Maul haut. XD
‒✴△♀ ✴ө△ʘ!
Hüter des Heiligen Q.
Bwana Honolulu
Re: PirateBox

OK, meine PirateBox ist einsatzfähig. :biggergrin:
► Text anzeigen
Das Ganze basiert auf 'nem Raspberry Pi B+ mit 'nem TP-Link TL-WN823N WLAN-Stick, 'nem 32 GB USB USB-Stick für die Dateien und 'ner USB-Powerbank, um vom Stromnetz unabhängig zu sein. Der RasPi und die Powerbank sind mit Klettband in einer kleinen Sperrholztruhe befestigt, so daß man einfach drankommt.
► Text anzeigen
Als System läuft das Originalsystem, das auf der PirateBox-Seite bereitgestellt wird. Ich musste ein paar Treiberanpassungen für den WLAN-Stick machen und hab's gestern endlich geschafft, PHP grundlegend zu installieren, nur die Konfiguration ist wohl noch nicht ganz richtig. Wenn das läuft, kommt ein DokuWiki drauf (das ist dieselbe Software, die wir hier einsetzen wollen) und ein besseres Verzeichnislisting.

Für den Anfang hab' ich mal anderthalb GB diskordianische Dokumente aus allen möglichen Quellen draufgepackt. XD
Bin erst mal ganz zufrieden damit, wie das Ding aussieht und läuft, werd's mal mitbringen, wenn mal wieder Forentreffen ist. ^^
‒✴△♀ ✴ө△ʘ!
Hüter des Heiligen Q.
Bwana Honolulu
Re: PirateBox

Dachte, ich hätte das schon hier ins Forum geschmissen. Die PirateBox-Webseite schließt ihre Pforten. :why:
Matthias hat geschrieben:Hello everyone,

TL;DR: the party is over, we are closing slowly!

Long version:

As you already noticed, the frequency of my answers dropped down to pretty much zero. On the Android side, there is already no active feedback by Jochen anymore. I don't want to set everything offline and just say goodbye.

The project is an important milestone in my life, so I want to give you a personal message what's up:

When I started to help out at the project at January 2011, I had no idea where this journey will end. With my understanding of Linux, I decided to help an open source project.
This time, I increased steadily my daily invested time up to around one up to three and more hours a day. I dropped my loved hobby tabletop role playing games, and also worked on weekends to get something running and well tested.
I learned git the hard way and all this invested hard work was always given back as positive feedback from A LOT of nice people. I picked up their ideas and developed the features together with them.

Based on the work for PirateBox I was able to visit Eindhoven, 2x Berlin, Lille, Paris, Hamburg, Goteborg and Montreal. A super cool PirateBox Camp was made a couple of times.

By now, November 2019, I am not able to devote any freetime on the project, which results in many many unanswered questions, suggestions and comments. The development stream is in a kinda-good shape, because of the.wrong-project, but I don't find time to push a beta or stable release.
My personal situation does not allow a freetime project in that dimension anymore.

There are also a lot of things, which make the "life" of a piratebox more and more harder, which we can't overcome on the piratebox software side:

- In the year 2016 FCC changed the rules about firmware security, resulting in more locked router firmware.
- HTTPS everywhere is kicking PirateBox' butt with the redirect everywhere. All the technical enhancements for the user security made us to go one step back.
- Beginning last year (2018) I tried to push it much more, but for another reason I haven't made it to an release.

Last, but not least: In the last month, the amount of spam increase tremendousely.. so we are closing the forum. I like to forward you to /r/PirateBox.

In the next year (2020), I'll stop slowly the different services like tracker etc., because I don't expect anybody to take over the work (If there is anybody, I'm willing to keep everything running and partially support with infrastructure, help.).

I understand, that PirateBox is useful for a lot of people out there. Yes, but I think you will find better alternatives out there then this old software project. If you are looking for a FOSS project helping you for your use case, have a look at [nethood.org] , which provides a ton of useful links.
Still no clue? Ask in /r/piratebox.

Thank you very much for all the thankful emails, tweets, pictures, mate, beer and stories. All of them were heart warming and kept me running for a very long time.

AMAZING YEARS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Matthias
‒✴△♀ ✴ө△ʘ!
Hüter des Heiligen Q.
Antworten